Generation Challenges 2010 is an initiative that aims to provide a common forum for a number of different NLG Shared Tasks.
As part of Generation Challenges 2010, we are organising a set of tasks based on the GREC-People Corpus, a corpus of 2,000 introduction sections from Wikipedia articles in which all mentions of people entities have been annotated. There are three submission tracks:
- GREC-NEG: participating systems select a referring expression (RE) from a given list of REs for each mention of each person entity in a text.
- GREC-NER: participating systems must recognise all mentions of people in a text and identify which mentions corefer.
- GREC-Full: end-to-end RE regeneration task; participating systems must identify all mentions of people and then aim to generate improved REs for the mentions.
Full details are provided in two Participants Packs (GREC-NEG'10 and GREC-NER/Full'10) which participants will receive on registration.
Submitted systems and evaluation results will be presented in a special session at the INLG'10 in Dublin and accompanying reports will be published in the conference proceedings.
|3 October 2009||First Call for Participation in GREC Tasks; GREC-NEG Participants’ Pack available;|
|31 October 2009||GREC-NER/FULL Participants Pack available|
|05 April - 02 May 2010||
Test data submission period; 4-step submission process:|
|02 May 2010||Final deadline for submission of test data outputs|
|02-23 May 2010||Evaluation period|
|07-09 July 2010||Generation Challenges meeting at INLG’10|
- Anja Belz, NLTG, University of Brighton, UK
- Eric Kow, NLTG, University of Brighton, UK
Last modified: 2010-04-30 14:52